Khyati school/college of Nursing
Basic B.Sc. Nursing & General Nursing & Midwifery(GNM)
Nursing is a diverse and rewarding discipline that combines compassion with sophisticated health technology. It is an art combined with service. Nurses evaluate, diagnose and treat health programs. The Use of complicated equipments, rising demand for ambulatory care and home care, an aging population with more complex and long-term needs, and the health needs of rural population have all led to a steep increase is a demand for nurses with more skill, qualifications and experience.
- Indian nursing council, INC, New Delhi,
- Gujarat Nursing Council,Ahmedabad
- Gujarat university,Ahmedabad
The Professional Nursing Degree Course is based and built on sound Scientific Educational theory and practice; prepare our students to provide comprehensive health care with true compassion.
We also accept that there is a need to prepare nurses who can make independent decisions to protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursue of health, function in the hospital, community and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice.
We recognize the need to prepare nurses to assume the role of Educator, Supervisor & Manager in a Clinical / Public health & Education setting.
Khyati College/School of Nursing pursues Excellence in Nursing Education by preparing students to be competent committed Quality focused and value based professional Nurses.
Our vision is to advance the body of Nursing Knowledge through education, innovative technological approaches, integrating theory research and practice to transform Nursing care Locally, Nationally and Globally.
OBJECTIVES OF COLLEGE OF NURSING
On completion of the Four year B. Sc. Nursing Programme the Graduate will be able to: -
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including Alternative Systems and Nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors, which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide Nursing Care based on steps of nursing of Nursing Process in collaboration with the individuals and group
- Demonstrate Critical Thinking in making Decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest Trends and Technology in Providing Health Care.
- Provide Promotive, Preventive, and Restorative Health Services in line with the National Health Policies and Programs.
- Practice within the framework of Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, and Acceptable Standards of Practice within the Legal Boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the Health Team in order to promote Effective Interpersonal Relationships and Team Work.
- Demonstrate skills in Teaching to individuals and groups in Clinical / Community health settings
- Participate effectively as Member of the Health Team in Health Care Delivery System.
- Demonstrate Leadership and Managerial Skills in Clinical / Community Health Settings
- Conduct Need Based Research Studies in Various Settings and Utilize the Research Findings to Improve the Quality of Care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards Advancement of Self and of the Profession.
OBJECTIVES OF SCHOOL OF NURSING
GNM Nurse on Completion of this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care to individual, sick or well, using nursing process.
- Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self-care in people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techniques in nursing practice.
- Evaluate effectiveness of nursing care.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as a nurse.
- Function effectively with members of the health team and community applying the knowledge of human relations and communications skills in her work.
- Participate as member of the health team in delivery of curative preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care services.
- Mobilize community resources and their involvement in working with the communities.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional life.
- Demonstrate interest in activities of professional organization.
- Recognize the need for continuing education for professional development.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate basic skills in administration and leadership while and Working with other members of health team and community.
- Assist in research activities.
PROGRAMME OFFERED & DURATION
- Basic B.Sc nursing - 4 years
- General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) - 3years with integrated internship
Diploma in general nursing and midwifery (GNM)
- 10+2 passed -40% (Science any group) SC/ST-5% relaxation
- Duration: 3 years course
- 10+2 passed -45% (Science B group) SC/ST-5% relaxation.
- Duration: 4 years course
Khyati School / College ensure maximized learning opportunities, especially in clinical settings. A large portion of the clinical experience takes place at specialized hospital and community in Ahmadabad
Clinical experience at:
- GMERS Sola hospital, Ahmedabad
- Institute of kidney disease and research centre(IKD),Ahmedabad
- U.N Mehta Hospital and research centre,Ahmedabad
- Smt.Shardabeb chimanlal hospital,Saraspur
- SHETH L.G General hospital,Ahemdabad
- Saviour hospital,Ahmedabad
SCOPE IN NURSING
- Scope of nursing practice encompasses provision of Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative aspects of care to people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings. Practice of Nursing is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the Physiological, Biological and Behavioral Sciences, Medicine & Nursing.
- This programme provides a solid foundation for continuing professional development and for postgraduate study of Nursing, which can pave way to achieve M.Phil (N) & Doctoral Degree in Nursing & Post Doctoral Fellowships
- Employment in academic field, Industries, Army hospitals, Railway Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Private and government Hospitals, Multi specialty Hospitals.
- Easily can fly to aboard for jobs with attractive salary and perks .
- Can work as nurse administrator, Independent nurse practitioner & Nurse educator