DIPLOMA IN IMPORT EXPORT
Development in the international marketing on the one hand and the consequential impact of the same on India's domestic market on the other, calls for a professional approach and sensitivity to international business environment. The Diploma in Export Import Management is a foundational course for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country's growing requirements for trained and knowledgeable personnel in the field of international management. The programme prepares participants for systematically approaching export import transactions by giving an insight into what importers and exporters deal with - from understanding trade policy, to export and import documentation, trade logistics and operations and export/import financing. The areas that will be covered include global business environment, international marketing management, India's foreign trade and policy, International trade logistics, Trade documentation, Trade finance and Foreign Exchange Risk Management.
The program also includes a project on EXIM, which will give the student an opportunity to learn the practical aspects of international trade. With the rapid growth of international trade in various countries, several highly rewarding job opportunities have opened for participants trained in export import transactions. Some of the sectors that offer ample scope in export management include Trading houses, Export departments of companies, Development authorities and Commodity boards, Marine insurance companies, Export processing zones, Export promotion councils and 100% Export oriented units, among other organisations. Considering the thriving opportunities and booming demand for Export and Import sector, this program also aims to educate aspiring participants to set up their own Export or Import business with ease by enhancing the required skill sets.
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE COURSE
- Entire overview of International Trade in India
- Cross border Trade - Risks involved and the Mitigants
- International Marketing - spotting opportunities (SWOT)
- International Trade Finance - Special focus on Letters of Credit / Bank Guarantees
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) guidelines
- Foreign Trade Policy - Impact on Trade from DGFT perspective
- Foreign Exchange Management Act - Impact on Trade from RBI perspective
- ECGC - various policies, benefits and procedures
- Shipping and Logistics - Concepts of Logistics, warehousing, shipping operations, Port Management.
- Various Structured International Trade transactions
- Forex Risk Management - Exchange Rate Mechanism and various Risk Mitigants
COURSE BENEFITS TOWARDS A GREAT CAREER
- Opening doors for a potential career in the fascinating area of Foreign Trade
- Able to tap the unlimited opportunities in the Export & Import Sector in India
- Explore the various lucrative career profiles in International Trade - Documentation, Marketing, Finance
- Start you own Import Export Company or work as an Import Export consultant
- A cut above other students when companies come visiting during Campus Placements
- Upon completion of the few initial foundation years in these areas, huge opportunities for overseas careers - in the various areas of Global Cross - Border Trade!!
- Campus to Corporate Modules specially designed to equip candidates with the required soft skills for this Industry
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Diverse topics related to Cross Border Trade with special focus on Indian guidelines
- Practical scenarios showcased for easier understanding
- Role plays and case studies methodology
- Minimal use of PowerPoint presentations - focus on participative discussions
- Comprehensive study material
- Regular assessment - Objective & Subjective
- Personality Development Workshops
- Final Project & Internship
ELIGIBILITY: HSC (10+2) from any stream
PROGRAM SCHEDULE: (4 semesters)
3 semesters - Classroom training
1 semester - Case studies, Project work, Internship, Soft skills based modules
SESSIONS: 4 hours a day, 4 days a week
CONTENT: Free Content will be given to all the students.
ATTENDANCE: 80% attendance mandatory for appearing for tests and exams