DIPLOMA IN BANKING MANAGEMENT
India has a diversified financial sector, which is undergoing rapid expansion. This financial sector is predominantly a banking sector with commercial banks accounting for more than 60 per cent of the total assets held by the financial system. India is today one of the most vibrant global economies, on the back of robust banking and insurance sectors. The country is projected to become the fifth largest banking sector globally by 2020, as per a joint report by KPMG-CII. According to a recent report published by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), about 14 lakh people are likely to be employed in the banking industry by 2022. With a renewed focus on 'financial inclusion' and new banks on the anvil, the talent need for the sector will be higher than ever.
Our programs develop the students in the following four areas.
KNOWLEDGE: Understanding Banking - Operations, Products and Services
SKILL: Develop Analytical Skill along with good communication skills and self confidence
ATTITUDE: Understanding the market environment and developing the required professional behaviour
COMPETENCE: Able to determine commercial considerations and risk factors along with awareness of the regulatory and legal norms.
The program is unique in both its content as well as its methodology. It blends core domain knowledge and usable skill requirements with technology familiarity, customer handling, sales and marketing skills, effective communication and infectious positive attitude. Thus the program is designed in the context of modern-day Banking Domain knowledge, hands-on application-orientation, technology-familiarity and customer-service.
Our faculty follows a long tradition of practice-oriented research and teaching that has a profound and far-reaching impact on business and management education. Our unique training methodology focuses on building skills in the learner. This Skill-centricity is achieved through Action Classrooms, Multi-modal learning and Industry Immersion where the teacher is more a Trainer-Facilitator bringing out latent talent and fostering skill development, thus creating first-day-first hour industry-ready entry level professionals.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE COURSE
- Diverse topics related to Banking covered in this short module
- Practical scenarios showcased for easier understanding
- Role plays and case studies methodology
- Minimal use of PowerPoint presentations - focus on participative discussions
TOPICS COVERED DURING THE COURSE
- The overview of the Banking Industry
- Regulatory Environment
- Key players in the sector
- Suite of Products and services offered by the Banking Industry
- Various roles that exist in this sector.
- Different departments within the Bank where the students can get career opportunities
- Types of Banking (Retail, Corporate, Commercial, International, etc)
- Retail Liabilities & Retail Assets - Backbone of banking
- Advances / Credit - Sound Lending / Appraisal / Loan Monitoring
- International Trade Finance - Special focus on Letters of Credit / Bank Guarantees
- Forex Risk Management - Exchange Rate Mechanism and various Risk Mitigants
- Customer service
- Selling Skills and Techniques
Note : Nomenclature of this course may change to Master of Science in Valuation (Real Estate including Agricultural Land) or any other appropriate nomenclature as per the UGC norms.
ELIGIBILITY: HSC (10+2) from any stream
PROGRAM SCHEDULE: (4 semesters)
3 semesters - Classroom training
1 semester - Case studies, Project work, Internship, Soft skills based modules
SESSIONS: 4 hours a day, 4 days a week
CONTENT: Free Content will be given to all the students.
ATTENDANCE: 80% attendance mandatory for appearing for tests and exams
COURSE BENEFITS TOWARDS A GREAT CAREER
- Opening doors for a potential career in Banking and the Corporate world
- Able to tap the unlimited opportunities in the booming Private Sector Banks (areas like General Banking, Branch Banking, Customer Relationship, Trade Finance, Credit, Forex)
- In a position to explore the blossoming Cooperative Banking sector in Gujarat & other states
- A cut above other students when companies come visiting during Campus Placements
- Upon completion of the few initial foundation years in these areas, huge opportunities for overseas careers - in Banking and in the Corporate world !!